Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy 5th BigE

Happy Birthday Hijo
Five years old
Big E was very excited when he woke up: I'm five, I'm five, I'm five!

He wanted blueberry muffins for breakfast so we started the morning with Costco muffins... mmmm.
He promptly opened bunches of gifts and loved them all.

He'd been promised a new pet from Build-a-Bear so we headed to the mall where he picked out a new puppy. He named his puppy Mr. Scruffy Daddy. I'm not sure where the name came from but I like it.

We continued on the tradition from last year of lunching at Red Robin. Last year he was very upset when the staff came out singing. This year he could not wait for the song and dance routine. He kept whispering to me: "are they coming out to sing yet?"

In the evening we had all the local family over for dinner (mmm, chicken pot pie) and cake.E is really into Harry Potter right now and he asked for a Golden Snitch cake. I'm not one to complain when I see an opportunity to bake a bowl cake!

4 comments:

PJMcD said...

Happy Birthday to E-Dawg. And BLAMO, what an awesome cake, you totally rule.

boisegrammy said...

Thanks for sharing some of that Golden Snitch cake with Pops and me. It was really good, but the best was celebrating E's 5th b'day.

mommykinz said...

Found your blog while searching for a golden snitch cake image. Yours looks great - what did you use for the wings?

jason said...

The wings are cut from Cellophane (packing wrap) and decorated using a quick-dry metalic ink marker (pen-touch brand). They are taped onto a metal coat hanger that is bent to go through the cake.